LESSONS FROM 1 SAMUEL 17:38-52
And the men of Israel and of Judah arose, and shouted, and pursued the Philistines, until thou come to the valley, and to the gates of Ekron. And the wounded of the Philistines fell down by the way to Shaaraim, even unto Gath, and unto Ekron. – – 1 SAMUEL 17:38-52.
- First list item
- Verse 38- What is your personal revelation about God? Whatever has helped you thus far in your walk with Him, continue in it. What vision has the Lord given to you? Do not derail, but hold on firmly to it. What is your history with God? What have you testified and proven about Him? This is what prepares you and builds your confidence.
The battle field is not the place for preparation.
Remember Hebrew 12:1, so like David, take off every weight and sin that hinders let God be your cover. Trust in Him alone. Jeremiah 17:5
- Verse 40- “…and he drew near to the Philistine…
Job 22:29. Be bold and confront your fears! David drew near because unlike the others, he didn’t see a giant but a man. Perception is KEY. What do you see?
- Verse 41: The enemy will not give up easily. But when he / the challenges persist, do not despair, for your victory is certain!
- Verses 42-43: Age is not a barrier. He still works marvelous things in diverse ways. He is the God described in 1 Cornthians 1:27 and 1 Samuel 14:6
- Verses 43-45: What are the ranting/negative pronouncements of the enemy over your life? Do not be silent! Do not accept them but counter these words with the sure word of God! Like David, let our response to situations alao be based on the fact that we know that God will fight for us.
- Verse 46: There is power in the tongue! Proverbs 8:21. Prophesy great and mighty things over your life and situation always.
- Verse 47: David’s motive for fighting against Goliath was pure; to showcase and glorify God. What is your motivation for the things you do?
- Verse 48: Never give in to fear! Act quickly and run with the vision.
- Verse 49: What do you have in your hands? David had just a sling and stones. God can work wonders with whatever you have. The requirement is for you to “release it!”
- Verse 50: David had faith in the capability of God. He clearly understood Hebrews 13:8. Victory is certain when you trust and rely on God.
- Verse 51: Complete your assignment. Follow through to the letter the vision God has given you.
- Verse 52 (a): The battle David fought was for the nation. He volunteered to stand in the gap when the opportunity arose. There are opportunities for service. Jesus said, the harvest is plenty but the labourers are few. Matthew 9:37 Are you ready and willing to take your place as a watchman?
Also, the death of Goliath was the breakthrough needed to attain other breakthroughs.
May God help us to be the instrument of revival and breakthrough in our families, community, nation and Church.